Monday, May 20, 2013

"Teach us to number our days!"


Image
  • 37 years
  • 444 months
  • 1,930 weeks
  • 13,514 days
  • 324,336 hours
  • 19,460,160 minutes
  • 1,167,609,600 seconds
  • You were born on a Friday
  • Age in Dog Years: 161.0
  • Age in Galapagos Turtle Years: 17.6
This is exactly how long I've been alive on this planet.
When I look at the time that has passed me it really has an impact on me.  I think of all of the wasted time, the 'down time', the time that I let slip through my fingers...But I also think of the miles stones in my life too.  The day I proposed to my wife which was
  • 14 years
  • 177 months
  • 772 weeks
  • 5,405 days
  • 129,720 hours
  • 7,783,200 minutes
  • 466,992,000 seconds
Ago.
I think of the days when my children were born all four of them...I recall the significant friendships that I've forged along the way...the meaningful connections of humanity that I've had the privilege to partake in and these cross roads that intersected with two or more human beings at one very specific time or place.  I have been a blessed man so far!

TWO VERSES: 
Deuteronomy 30:19-20 Says;
"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live  and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob."
And...
Joshua 24:15 says:
"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
We have this one life and my prayer is that we don't waste it!  We have so many distractions in this life, so much wasted opportunities and wasted time...but don't take this life for granted or watch it fly by without taking each and every moment to make a difference in this world and to serve the Lord!  We are called to be Christ's ambassadors in this world don't be ashamed of the gospel and don't forget our calling!
Psalm 39:4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life."
How many days have you been alive?  How many minutes...Galapagos Turtle Years?
Use them or lose them...let's all choose to use them and take each and every moment without regrets!
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment